Monday, January 27, 2014

Conversation with ComCast tech support #ComCastSupport

My email went away for 24 hours.... I first called my provider of web services .... ixwebhosting.com.  The tech support person laughed when I mentioned ComCast.  He said that IX customers from the east coast to the west coast had reported problems with ComCast.

Then I chatted with ComCast ......   2014m01d26  ~2300 MST USA
Here is the transcript.......

analyst Bryan has entered room

Bryan: Hello JOANNE, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Bryan. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Bryan: Welcome to Comcast! It's a pleasure to have you on chat. How are you doing today?

JOANNE: My Issue: I have not received email routed through ixwebhosting.com for about 23 hours. Their tech support said the problem was at your end. I can hardly wait to see what you say.

Bryan: I understand that you are having problems receiving emails. Am I correct?

JOANNE: I have a cold and I am coughing... can you fix that ? are you a medicine shaman ?

Bryan: Get well soon, Joanne.

JOANNE: yes my email account based on yes@nope9.com is down

Bryan: I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your issue.

Bryan: After we have resolved you issue I will review your account to make sure that you have the best value of service from Comcast.

Bryan: Just to set your expectation, what I will do is to troubleshooot the problems on on your email when receiving messages and if this not work I will create a ticket for you. Would that be fine with you?

JOANNE: I am always looking for 1000mbits/sec plus 900 channels of Cable TV for $25/moonth.

JOANNE: yes, go ahead

Bryan: Thank you for providing that information.

Bryan: In order for me to understand the specific issue and assist you further, would it be fine to ask you a few questions?

JOANNE: I think the answer is 42

JOANNE: okay

Bryan: May I ask what is the username that having issues?

JOANNE: username for what ?

Bryan: Username of the email.

Bryan: The email that having issues receiving emails.

JOANNE: I don't know. the account is yes@nope9.com. I log in to ixwebhosting.com using that email

Bryan: I see. Let me set your expectation that we don't support 3rd party emails. We can only troubleshoot for your Comcast email. What I can suggest you is contact them.

JOANNE: exactly what I expected..... ixwebhosting says it is a problem at your end.

Bryan: I understand. Please confirm them that this is not an issue on our end.

JOANNE: ZEN KOAN: What is the sound of two fingers pointing at each other ?

JOANNE: Would you repeat what you said ?

Bryan: I understand. Please confirm them that this is not an issue on our end.

Bryan: I'm glad that I was able to inform you that we don't handle 3rd party routers.

JOANNE: Your sentence makes no sense to me

JOANNE: I am glad you are glad.... sounds like no one is going to do anything... what do you suggest ?

Bryan: Please tell them that this is is not an issue with on our end. I advice to contact them.

Bryan: Do you have any additional question?

JOANNE: proper word is *advise*. Since I already talked to them, I am f********** I will take a take a hot bath and see if I can hold my breath until the email starts working again.

JOANNE: bye bye best to you

Bryan: Thank you for correcting that.

Bryan: It was truly a pleasure to speak with you! Thank you conctacting Comcast. Feel free to contact us again through live chat (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at www.comcast.net to help you solve many issues on your own. You can also reach us at (1-888-739-1379).

Bryan: Enjoy the rest of the week!

The analyst has left and your issue has been closed.

Bryan: Analyst has closed chat and left the room

update:
Immediately after chatting, I tried my email again.  Now messages are streaming in.  What pixie caused that ?  You guess... I do not know.

by 99guspuppet     777comcast

No comments: