Friday, May 31, 2013

JITSI Videoconferencing

My attraction to Jitsi is that it is FLOSS ( open source ).   Thus I have some hope that I can influence the direction of it's development.  I favor software that is reliable and easy to use.  this comes before lots of flashy features, or speed.  In video conferencing the quality of the  sound is most important , The video should be smooth looking ( it can be a very small video window ).  I don't care much about chat.... I would not be using a *video* solution if I did.

I don't care about lots of options ( at least initially ) as long as the limited options *work well*.

Forum , community , mailing list
 Jitsi does not appear to have a forum.
The mailing list is located here   https://jitsi.org/Development/MailingLists


Experimenting with Jitsi
2013m05d30
My first experiment with Jitsi was between an Apple  MacIntosh and a Windows machine.  My buddy *Dexter the Genius* was manning the Windows machine.  The experiment did not go well.

The chat interface could be made more friendly.

The sound quality was horrible

Hardly any documentation


99guspuppet

777jitsi   777videoconference

No comments: